We are looking to hire a design researcher who will lead field research on mPath projects. Conducting design research includes:
- Recruiting and Scheduling participants
- Observing participants in natural environments
- Running research hardware (MOXO sensors and glasses)
- Conducting interviews
- Synthesizing data into insights and building stories
- Developing quick prototypes to test concepts
- Evaluating prototypes
- Presenting findings to clients
Help make children’s voices heard in innovation. I’m looking for a kick-ass researcher to join me in conducting bleeding edge, high quality experience research. Our current year-long project will have you planning, scheduling, and executing design research in schools and homes: how can digital interfaces best help children learn?
Future projects may be totally different: you might start researching how employees feel serving coffee or how people brush their teeth at night. Regardless of the challenge, you’ll be expected to build out a prototype that asks the right questions, evaluate the prototype taking into account the restrictions in execution, and build out future prototypes to further hone in on initial insights. This role requires creativity, empathy, critical thinking, and sincere passion.
This role is employee Number 1 at mPath. We would like to hire someone who can research on their own and also lead other design researchers as mPath continues to grow. We may hire someone new to the field in an apprentice roll or alternatively a veteran who can provide the vision and leadership as we expand our research. At mPath we have a high bar for how research should be done and you should share that enthusiasm. For more about how we work, check out http://www.buildempathy.com/the-moxo-sensor/
IDEAL CANDIDATES will HAVE:
- Training in ethnographic observations and interviews
- Experience conducting UX research
- Experience working with children 4-18
- Experience analyzing and interpreting human data
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience and comfort using technology: GoPros, Skin Conductance Sensors, and Eye Tracking glasses
WE VALUE CANDIDATES WHO ARE:
- Creative thinkers and problem solvers
- Able to turn ideas into actions quickly
- Comfortable with chaotic and messy research (researchers in data science and biology are especially good at this)
- Independent and self-motivated
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- This is your office view
- We don’t do BS research.
- We are pushing Science + Empathy to be a standard in innovation.
- You get to help build and lead a growing firm.
- You get to spend half of your day having fun with awesome, creative kids.
- You get to change those kid’s lives